Sunday, January 14, 2007

I'm always a sucker for a used bookstore!!

Thankfully, I'm also a bargain magnet. Today we stopped into our local Books for America store and I found two new cookbooks.

The Tasssajara Bread Book by Edward Espe Brown, 1970, is one I have had on hold for months and months at my local library. SUCH FRUSTRATION. I go to pick it up, and they can't find the book they have told me they are holding. For one dollar, this baby is mine! The other book was, at two dollars, a bit of a splurge.

Vegetarian Express boasts easy, tasty and healthy menus in 28 minutes or less. I figured it was worth a look-see. Recipes such as "deviled tomatoes', 'apples with taffy cream', and 'curried pasta' caught my eye. And the 'seitan stroganoff' also sounds good. It was co-written by Nava Atlas and Lillain Kayte. I have a few other Atlas books on my shelf... still it was the 28 minutes or less that hooked me. I'll have to see if it lives up to that tagline.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home