Monday, April 17, 2006

lame i am PLUS.. a frugal craft that has nothing to do with food

oy.
i've been really lame with this blog lately. So many things I think I want to blog about and so little time... then there is the reading of blogs, books, cooking, creating.. knitting !!!

I'd really like to learn to knit more time into the day!

but really, I should be writing about frugality.

Today my daughter wanted to make a volcano/ mountain toy like the her brother and I made last year. He uses his with starwars toys, dinosaurs, animals, and any other action figure that might need to romp around an active or inactive (we made the lava removable) volcano.

sooo..
what to do , what to do.

we gathered an old oatmeal container and some pink and purple material (what else would she make.. a pink volcano with purple lava!) Actually, the pink came from a pair of discarded because the-butt-is-so-stained-from-sliding-around-the-park sweats that she loves. She is currently wearing them inside out (which hides the stain and gives them a cute soft cottony feel/ look). they are now long shorts since we cut off the bottoms for the aforementioned volcano.

we also grabbed the glue gun, with plenty of glue, scissors and a few odds n ends... and a great big smile...

a few creative moments later and she's happily playing with her own volcano and thinking I'm the coolest mom.

Perhaps I'll post some pictures later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home