Tuesday, April 04, 2006

rice rice rice is nice

One thing I always have on hand is brown rice. We love it. I buy it in bulk at my wholefoods. I realize wholefoods is not known for its bargain items, but it is right around the corner from our apartment, and it has a great bulk section. Until I decide to start purchasing bulk things online... (it's only a matter of time... i have the link I think I'll use, and it seems do-able...) in the meantime, I like that I can buy bulk rice and other items.

so.. that brings me back to rice.

it is nice.

We had rice for dinner last night, along with tofu bratwurst. Today I sent my hubby to work with leftover brown rice and a soyboy patty. It is easy for him to reheat, and a satisfying lunch. I'll probably have some brown rice with lunch. Miss G (our almost 8 year old daughter ) and I love to have brown rice with some nutrional yeast, braggs, garlic, and flax meal.. yum. Sometimes we'll add chopped walnuts or cashews too.

I think I'll make brown rice & tofu patties for dinner tonight, if this headache subsides.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home