Saturday, February 02, 2008

peanutty tofu...

Tonight I made a family favorite. In fact, this was the first meal I ate after giving birth to our newest little one. Peanutty tofu never fails to please! It's simple.. I brown up the tofu with some ginger in a frying pan. Boil water for the noodles (udon or something similar). The pleasure is in the peanutty sauce! YUM>>
It's really easy.. just peanut butter, water, some ginger (fresh is best, powdered works fine too) and braggs liquid aminos (or tamari sauce or soy sauce). Sound simple? It is! and OH SO TASTY!

Tonight we had it with a salad. Greens, tomatoes, carrots, a handful of sunflower seeds, and some dried cranberries. I made a balsamic vinegar / olive oil dressing (simple, healthy and much cheaper than buying salad dressing).

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Carlene said...

Always happy to find a new tofu recipe. I tend to make the same thing over and over (sauteed in olive oil w/garlic, over spinach and brown rice...delicious but still...)

I will have to try this soon. Thanks!

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home