Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lentil Soup

This simple soup warmed our tummies last night. We had it with thick crusty bread-- sometimes we have it with corn muffins.
Lentil soup



1-2 medium onions chopped
4-6 cloves of garlic crushed
2-3 med- large carrots chopped ( I used to slice them into circles, now I cut the carrots into quarters lengthwize and chop them up so I make toddler safe bite sizes)
2 tbsp olive oil ( I just pour a little in my soup pot)
16 ounces dried lentils
2 tsp salt
1-2 tbsp parsley to taste or 5-6 sprigs of fresh
1 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
8 cups of water ( I often add 1 more if I want more liquid)
Tomatoes- 1 can (15 ounces ) diced tomatoes with juice
Or about a cup of fresh chopped tomatoes.
3 bay leaves

Heat oil.
Sauté onions, garlic & carrots for about 5 minutes then add everything else. Turn heat up and bring to a boil, after about 20 minutes turn down and simmer until lentils are soft you are ready to eat!

Super simple & satisfying soup :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home