Saturday, August 02, 2008

tried to twitter...

but it seems to have been lost to cyber space... so I'm here again..at least, for the moment.

I spent the morning communing with my little garden.. the little guy strapped safely and contentedly to my back in his beco baby carrier. I thinned some of the lettuce, replanting what I pulled in hopes that we'll get even more lettuce. I also picked away (and cursed) a few little caterpillars.. how dare they munch on my greens!

G & I (with H in the beco) planted two more rose bushes in the front. We also decided to replant a couple of the green bonsai type bushes to put the roots deeper in the ground. In the process, I uncovered a few big chunks of concrete, a bunch of rocks that G will add to her little rock garden, and a pretty cool larger rock.. about a foot long!!! I think the little plants will do better with out the concrete in their roots. We'll see. We also planted another of the neat little plants that our generous green thumbed neighbor so graciously offered us. G couldn't decide which was more fun, playing with the neighboorhood cats, or planting in the yard. J didn't have a hard time deciding at all.. he spent the time upstairs on the computer probably on the bionicle site, chatting with his friend from Austria!

Henri & I came inside. He nursed and fell asleep. Then G, J & I ate lunch. We got a surprise call from a girl I met at the park the other day inviting us to a potluck at her house this afternoon! I wish David were able to go along with us, but I'm quite happy to have been invited!

All in all , the day has shaped up rather nicely!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not related to this post but a post about the Wonder Wash. What has been your experience with this? I'm looking for as much info as I can get! Thanks!

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home